Machpelah Cemetery was first established in 1915 by a committee who succeeded in raising enough money to buy four acres of land north of the city. Among the committee members was Esther Sorscher who took on the task of approaching every Jewish resident of Flint for a contribution of one dollar!
Currently the cemetery has over 1200 monuments and we have room for about 1000 more.
Machpelah Cemetery continues to operate under the direction of Carol Hurand and Judy Kasle. The address of the cemetery is 4615 Branch Road, Flint, MI 48506.
Please find more information at our new cemetery website:
Machpelah Cemetery Flint