Machpelah Cemetery

imageMachpelah Cemetery was first established in 1915 by a committee who succeeded in raising enough money to buy four acres of land north of the city. Among the committee members was Esther Sorscher who took on the task of approaching every Jewish resident of Flint for a contribution of one dollar!

 

Currently the cemetery has over 1200 monuments and we have room for about 1000 more.

 

Machpelah Cemetery continues to operate under the direction of Carol Hurand and Judy Kasle. The address of the cemetery is 4615 Branch Road, Flint, MI 48506.

 

The prices for the purchase of a plot, opening and closing cost at the time of burial and perpetual care are as follows:

 
CBI & TBE MEMBERS
NON-AFFILIATED JEWS
Plot
$1,000
$1,200
Opening/Closing
$1,000
$1,200
Perpetual Care
$1,000
$1,200

 

We encourage members of our Jewish Community to consider making cemetery arrangements in advance to avoid stress at the time of a loss. Arrangements can be made for Machpelah purchases by contacting either Carol or Judy. Installments are acceptable, and we work confidentially with individuals regarding such arrangements.

 

Machpelah Cemetery committee has a very dedicated Chevera Kadisha Committee. They are always available and do their mitzvah with dignity.

 

Our perpetual funds are invested in Israel Bonds. The Cemetery maintains a fiscally responsible balance sheet.